C.I.T. Program (Grades 9-10)
The Rolling River CIT (counselor-in-training) Division includes campers entering grades 9 – 10 and the outcome for CITs is to embark on a voyage of leadership. Rolling River’s CIT program is a one-of-a-kind, transitional experience that cannot be found at any other day camp. The unique blend of on-campus training in addition to daily CIT activities, off-campus trips and evening activities is the reason why our CIT Division is completely full each year.
At utmost importance, Rolling River CITs are still considered campers and therefore, receive all the benefits of an all-inclusive camp package.
- CITs are provided with door-to-door bus transportation, all meals and snacks, daily activities, trips and more with tuition.
- Our dedicated CIT Supervisors are full-time educators who accompany the CITs on all off-campus trips and provide supervision and training as they prepare to join our staff.
- To allow further customization and independence, all trips and daily activities are optional to attend.
In addition to participating in traditional camp activities, all Rolling River CITs receive a group or specialty assignment.
- CITs may request to be placed in a permanent group or specialty area (i.e. athletics, arts) or ask to float between various job responsibilities.
- CITs are required to attend pre-camp meetings to discuss their interests and expectations in their new position.
- CITs play a critical role in shaping the group dynamic and often serve as mentors for younger campers.
In order to ensure appropriate and fulfilling placement as a future counselor, we limit the number of CITs accepted into the program each year. Virtually all of our Rolling River CITs graduate to become exceptional assistant counselors.