Rolling River includes door-to-door, round-trip bus transportation to select towns. Safety is of the utmost importance and therefore, our transportation policies are set in accordance with the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles and the American Camp Association.
- Our fleet of Rolling River buses are each air-conditioned, fitted with seat belts and seat a maximum of 20 individuals.
- Each bus is assigned a qualified bus driver and dedicated bus counselor. All bus drivers possess a NYS Commercial Drivers License and are drug tested before the camp season. The bus drivers’ primary responsibility is to drive the bus and focus on the road while the bus counselor’s primary responsibility is to attend to the needs of the campers.
- The bus driver and bus counselor conduct a pre-camp visit to each individual home to introduce themselves and provide campers with an approximate pick up and drop off time.
- We work diligently in the off-season with the latest mapping technology to keep our morning and afternoon bus runs as short as possible.
- All families may review a copy of our “Bus Blurbs” handbook, which includes a comprehensive list of rules and procedures for riding the bus.
The Rolling River Fleet services many towns in the surrounding neighborhoods. Door-to-door pick up towns include East Rockaway, Oceanside, Rockville Centre, Lynbrook, Valley Stream, Long Beach, Hewlett, Woodmere, Lawrence, Cedarhurst, Island Park, Baldwin, Malverne, Franklin Square, Floral Park, Atlantic Beach, Lido Beach, Garden City, West Hempstead, Freeport, Merrick, Bellmore, and Elmont. Campers who do not reside in these towns may meet the bus at a central location or request a“Special Order Bus” if there are at least 8 campers in need of bus service in a specific town.