Each summer, campers look forward to our creative special events, shows and dress up days. This year is no exception and we have an amazing line up of events!
In order to prepare for dress up days, many parents have asked for a list of event dates and recommended dress up ideas (goodbye late night visits to Party City!). See below for this comprehensive list for Summer 2018. Remember, all dress-up days are optional (if your camper does not want to dress up, they should come in a Rolling River shirt).
*Campers and CITs should wear a regular camp t-shirt any day that is NOT a special event day. If your camper is going on an off-campus trip on a dress-up day, they must wear or bring an un-altered camp shirt that day.
2018 Special Event Days:
- Friday, June 29- Red, White & Blue Day- Dress in your most patriotic red, white and blue outfit.
- Friday, July 6- Food Festival Day- This is a celebration of food and cuisine so wear a shirt or outfit that showcases your favorite food or dress up as a chef!
- Monday, July 9- Spirit Week Begins! Picture Day- wear a clean, un-altered Rolling River shirt.
- Tuesday, July 10- Spirit Week, Disney Day- Wear a shirt or outfit featuring your favorite Disney character or characters
- Wednesday, July 11- Spirit Week, Crazy Sock Day- Wear the craziest socks you can find!
- Thursday, July 12- Spirit Week, Camouflage Day- Wear a shirt or outfit with awesome camo
- Friday, July 13- Song & Plaque Day- Group counselors will send an email home letting campers know what to wear for their Song & Plaque presentation.
- Friday, July 20- Carnival! Campers wear bathing suits, make sure to have flip flops or swim shoes at camp
- Friday, July 27– Wacky Tacky Day- Get ready to get dirty as we visit the slime bar and take part in wacky wet dart wars. Wear a Rolling River shirt and shorts that you don’t care if they get messy.
- Friday, August 3- Amazin’ Shows- No specific attire, wear a camp shirt
- Friday, August 10- Safari Day- Get ready to explore the jungle at our Rolling River Safari. Wear a shirt with an animal or wear an outfit fit for an African Safari.
- Monday, August 13 – Friday, August 17- Color War! Once you know your camper’s team (blue or white), they may dress up each day in their team color or in a costume that represents their team name. We will also have a costume contest featuring the Color War theme that week.
- Tuesday, August 21- Last Day of Camp- Wear a Rolling River shirt and bring sharpie markers so campers can sign each other’s shirts with well wishes. Do not wear your special 2018 giveaway shirt that day.