Rolling River offers a variety of programs designed for families who are in need of financial assistance. Any family may apply for a campership. Camperships are awarded based on financial and/or situational need and group availability. Application review for “Camperships” begin during the month of February but candidates may send in their paperwork at any time. Camperships are awarded after a review with the Board of Directors. The deadline to apply for a campership is April 15th.
- Scholarship Instructions 2023
- Scholarship Application 2023
- Campership Reference Forms (new applicants only)
Ben Appelbaum Camperships- Discounted Tuition
Ben Applebaum was an owner/director of several tri-state camps and served as an extraordinary advocate for youth development. Scholarship amounts are based upon income verification, as well as the child’s age and length of time attending camp. Families are required to pay partial tuition based on the scholarship amount awarded.
Campmates Memorial Camperships- Complimentary Half Season Tuition
Campmates Memorial Scholarships are in memory of influential members of the Rolling River community and recipients are awarded complimentary Half Season 2 tuition.
- The Isabelle “Nanny” Goodman Scholarship is in memory of Director Mark Goodman’s mother, who strongly believed in the philosophy of camp and as a single working parent in the 1960’s, sent her children to camp via scholarship. This is awarded to 1 boy or girl who excel in sports and are entering kindergarten to 3rd grade.
- The Laurette “Nanette” Uziel Scholarship is in memory of Director Rhonda Goodman’s mother, who met her husband at sleepaway camp and was an avid camp enthusiast and educator her whole life. Nanette ran the Enrichment and Tutoring Program at Rolling River. In her honor, this scholarship is awarded to 1 boy or girl entering PreK through 2nd grade who are in financial or situational need.
- The Marjorie Sherer Scholarship is in memory of Rolling River’s original Associate Director and Nursery School Director and is awarded to 1 boy or girl ages Nursery through Kindergarten who are ready to explore the benefits of camp
- The JAJ Campership is in memory of Jonah Richman, Jordan Satin and Adam Cohen, who lost their lives attempting to save a camp friend. This campership is awarded to 1 boy or girl who displays compassion for their friends.