Rolling River offers a variety of programs designed for families who are in need of financial assistance.
Application review for “Camperships” begin during the month of February but candidates may send in their paperwork at any time. Camperships are awarded after a review with the Board of Directors. If you would like to apply for a Campership, please review and complete the following documents:
- Campership Application Instructions 2020- Download Now
- Campership Application 2020- Download Now
- Campership Reference Forms 2020 (new applicants only)- Download Now
Ben Appelbaum Camperships
Ben Applebaum was an owner/director of several tri-state camps and served as an extraordinary advocate for youth development. Scholarship amounts are based upon income verification, as well as the child’s age and length of time attending camp. Families are required to pay partial tuition based on the scholarship amount awarded.
Rolling River provides several camperships where children are nominated by outside institutions to receive a complimentary Half Season tuition.
- The JAJ Campership, in memory of Jonah Richman, Jordan Satin and Adam Cohen, is awarded to two children ages 5-7 in the Hewlett Woodmere School District.
- The Campmates Program works in conjunction with New Horizon Counseling Center to select children based on financial and/or emotional need.
These scholarships are in memory of influential members of the Rolling River community and recipients are awarded complimentary Half Season 2 tuition.
- The Isabelle “Nanny” Goodman Scholarship is in memory of Director Mark Goodman’s mother, who strongly believed in the philosophy of camp and as a single working parent in the 1960’s, sent her children to camp via scholarship. This is awarded to 1 boy and 1 girl who excel in sports and are entering kindergarten to 2nd grade.
- The Laurette “Nanette” Uziel Scholarship is in memory of Director Rhonda Goodman’s mother, who met her husband at sleepaway camp and was an avid camp enthusiast and educator her whole life. Nanette ran the Enrichment and Tutoring Program at Rolling River. In her honor, this scholarship is awarded to 1 boy and 1 girl entering kindergarten through 1st grade who are in financial or situational need.
- The Marjorie Sherer Scholarship is in memory of Rolling River’s original Associate Director and Nursery School Director and is awarded to 1 boy and 1 girl ages nursery through kindergarten who are ready to explore the benefits of camp.