Mariners (Grades 1-4)
The Rolling River Mariner Division includes campers entering grades 1 – 4 and the outcome for Mariner campers is to embark on a voyage of experimentation. Our goal is to expose campers to a variety of activities and allow them to focus on desired skills and interest through select option-based programs.
Mariner campers are assigned camp groups based on their incoming grade and gender.
- Group sizes range from 15-22 campers, with the smaller groups emphasized in grades 1 and 2.
- The camper to counselor ratio in the Mariners never exceed 5:1 in grades 1 and 2 and 6:1 in grades 3 and 4.
- Each group is assigned a dedicated, adult head counselor and 2 or 3 assistant counselors to supervise activities and serve as influential mentors for the camp group. CITs (or counselors-in-training) are also assigned to all Mariner groups. CITs are not counted in the camper to counselor ratio.
The Mariner Division schedule epitomizes a traditional day camp experience.
- The day begins with an interactive line-up, followed by a wide array of sports and arts activities tailored to elementary-aged campers.
- All Mariners participate in daily swim instruction, as well a free swim period in our Pool Complex.
- The Mariners are also introduced to more advanced programs, including competitive sports Intramurals, hobby and choice periods, theater productions, tubing/banana boating and other exciting offerings.
Mariners entering the 3rd and 4th grade participate in several off-campus trips to enhance the program and explore their community.
- 3 and 4 grade campers participate in one off-campus activity each week such as bowling, gymnastics or tennis.
- Two (2) full-day, off-campus trips are included with the program.
- Mariners entering 1 and 2 grade participate in one special off-campus activity towards the end of the summer.